RENTAL INFORMATION - THIS IS THE PAGE NOBODY READS
BUSINESS HOURS: Covid hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM, Closed Saturday and Sunday by appointment only. (Opening and/or over time charges may apply). PLEASE NOTE: A $50.00 PER 1/2 HOUR OVERTIME CHARGE for customers arriving after 6:00 PM for pick ups or returns.
RENTAL RATES: Prices listed on the following pages represent a one day rental rate. Ala carte grip, lighting and camera items are rented at a 2 day weekly rate. Prices subject to change at any time.
DISCOUNTS: Discounted packages, weekly or monthly discounted rates are Possibly available. Students (for a class required project) discounts of 25% off are available. See Details. Note: If you pay with a credit card , you will lose 4% points off your discount.
PICKUP AND RETURN: The renter can pick up equipment after 12 Noon unless other arrangements have been made. Return of equipment must be before 3:00 pm, unless other arrangements have been made. PLEASE NOTE: A $50.00 PER 1/2 HOUR OVERTIME CHARGE for customers arriving after 6:00 PM Closing time for pick ups or returns.
INSURANCE: If you have insurance read on. If you have NO insurance, see below
See a SAMPLE INSURANCE CERTIFACATE
GENERAL LIABILITY: We require One Million dollars of coverage. WOODEN NICKEL LIGHTING INC. must be named as "additionally insured".
AUTO LIABILITY: We require One Million dollars of coverage for Non owned, Hired auto liability coverage, with physical damage. WOODEN NICKEL LIGHTING INC. must be named as "additionally insured".
MISC EQUIPMENT INSURANCE: You must supply replacement coverage insurance for the full value of the equipment rented and name WOODEN NICKEL LIGHTING INC. as "loss payee". The party "named insured" on the insurance certificate is the party renting the equipment.
IF YOU HAVE NO INSURACE:
Wooden Nickel offers the following for rentals that have an insurance value of less than $15,000.
YOU MUST HAVE EQUIPMENT INSURANCE FOR - Camera bodies, Camera Lenses and Grip and Lighiting packages valued over 15,000.
YOU MUST HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR Electrical Tie In Equipment and Car Mounting Equipment:
GENERAL LIABILITY WAIVER FOR WOODEN NICKEL
NOTE: YOU ARE NOT BUYING INSURANCE
(you must pay this additional rental fee if you do not supply Wooden Nickel Lighting Inc. with a general liability certificate of insurance naming Wooden Nickel Lighting Inc. as "Additionally Insured")
COST: 10% of total rental cost.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ADDITIONAL RENTAL FEE:
1. Wooden Nickel Lighting Inc. will waive it's requirement for general liability coverage.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ADDITIONAL RENTAL FEE:
1. You are not buying general liability insurance from Wooden Nickel. YOU WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY INSURANCE COVERAGE FROM WOODEN NICKEL LIGHTING INC. (If there was a lawsuit or an accident, Wooden Nickel's insurance carrier would represent Wooden Nickel Lighting Inc. only, and nobody else)
2. Automobile liability insurance coverage. To rent a vehicle from Wooden Nickel, you must have $1,000,000 auto liability insurance coverage, naming Wooden Nickel as "additionally insured."
WHAT IS NEEDED TO RENT WITHOUT LIABILITY INSURANCE:
1. Pay 10% of total rental fee before rental.
EQUIPMENT INSURANCE WAIVER
NOTE: YOU ARE NOT BUYING EQUIPMENT INSURANCE
(You must pay this additional rental fee unless you supply Wooden Nickel Lighting Inc. with an equipment insurance certificate for no less that the full replacement value naming Wooden Nickel Lighting Inc.as "Loss Payee". Equipment insurance waiver is only available for packages valued up to $15,000. replacement value only.)
COST: 20% of total rental.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ADDITIONAL RENTAL FEE:
1. Wooden Nickel Lighting Inc. will waive it's requirement for Equipment Insurance Coverage.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ADDITIONAL RENTAL FEE
NOTE: YOU ARE NOT BUYING EQUIPMENT INSURANCE - YOU WILL HAVE NO EQUIPMENT INSURANCE
YOU ARE 100% FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EQUIPMENT
1. You will pay 100% for any repair due to damage to the equipment.
2. Missing, lost, stolen, unaccounted for items. You will pay full replacement value for any missing items.
3. Film camera bodies, Film camera lenses. Wooden Nickel will only rent camera bodies and camera lenses when supplied outside equipment insurance naming Wooden Nickel Lighting Inc. as loss payee
4. Damage to any vehicle.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO RENT WITHOUT EQUIPMENT INSURANCE.:
1. Picture ID and Signed Credit Card Authorization. A possible Cash deposit or Credit Card pre-authorization of $2,000 at Wooden Nickel's discretion..
2. Pay 20% of total rental before rental.
BURNED OUT GLOBE COVERAGE
The Renter must pay for any burned out tungsten globes 2K in size or smaller, unless you pay this additional rental fee
Wooden Nickel Pays for burned out HMI, Flourscent Globes, Tungsten globes 5k and larger. Any burned out globe must be returned or it.
will be assumed that you lost the globe and will have to pay for it.
Note: If you drop a light and break the globe of any kind you must pay for it no matter what.
COST: 10% of total TUNGSTEN LIGHTING rental cost.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS ADDITIONAL RENTAL FEE:
1. If a tungsten globe burns out naturally, you will not be charged for it. If an HMI globe, a Flourescent globe, tungsten globe 5K and Larger burns out naturally, you will NOT be charged for it whether you have this coverage or not. (If you break an HMI Globe, Flourscent globe or Tungsten globe you will be charged for it.)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS ADDITIONAL RENTAL FEE:
1. Missing, lost, stolen globes
(IF YOU HAVE A BURNED OUT GLOBE, YOU MUST RETURN IT, OR IT WILL BE CHARGED AS A MISSING GLOBE)
2. Globes that have been damaged by operator error, dropped, broken, improperly installed, improperly cleaned, touched, pitted by dust, fluorescent globes with broken pins. It will be Wooden Nickel's sole discretion in determining weather a globe is burned out or broken.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO BE COVERED:
1. Pay 10% of total TUNGSTEN LIGHTING RENTAL - BEFORE the rental.
PAYMENT AND RENTAL DEPOSIT: Payment is in advance unless other arrangements
have been made. Cash, Credit Card (If your order has been discounted in any
way, you will lose 4 POINTS of your discount if using a credit card), Cashiers Check,
Company or Personal Check with verified funds.
A loss and damage deposit of no less than the insurance deductible or $2,000.00 may be required.
LIABILITY: Wooden Nickel Lighting and Camera is not responsible for any liabilities, claims, costs or expenses arising out of the use or possession of its equipment. We offer and encourage you to inspect and test the equipment at our facility before pick up of equipment.
DAMAGED EQUIPMENT: All equipment is rented in good condition and is to be returned in good condition, less normal wear and tear. Any repair work for damaged equipment shall be paid for by the renter. If equipment is damaged beyond repair, lost or stolen, renter shall pay full replacement list price. Rental will accrue until damaged or lost equipment is replaced or paid for.
GLOBES: The renter will pay for any burned out tungsten globes unless the renter purchases Wooden Nickel's burned out globe coverage in advance of the rental, see above for details. The Renter is required to maintain the globes in good condition or will be required to buy a replacement globe if any damage occurs (This includes bubbles from touching, pitting from dust or improper cleaning) The renter will pay for any damaged globes. The renter will pay for any missing globes.
OTHER POSSIBLE COSTS TO YOU: Fuel for the trucks. Plus 50 cents per mile for trucks. Any cut or missing lumber. Expendables as used. Returned checks to my bank for any reason, a $25.00 charge. Desert, beach, dirty, or wet filming conditions may require a cleaning fee if the items are not returned in the same condition, less normal wear and tear. Return of equipment past 3:00 PM.
ANY AND ALL PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE.